background

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The 3rd Trimester

Whew what a busy week... I had two appointments and it was the last week of school for my kids. On Tuesday, June 4th the IP's joined me for an ultrasound. Baby girl is growing perfectly and already showing us she has a little weight to her. They estimated her weight to be 3lbs. 9oz., although I usually find that growth scans tend to estimate on the larger side as all of my kids were said to be 'big' yet all 3 were in the 6-7lb range. But who knows since this isn't my baby so it is possible baby girl could be a little larger but my guess she would be in the 8lb range at most. This could be me staying optimistic since she will be a natural birth and I can't fathom carrying a 9-10 baby on my 5'3 frame...eeeeep!

So frequently I have had a lopsided belly where baby girl is all shoved on my right side and on the ultrasound I got to see why... it's because baby girl likes to put her feet above her head. She is still in breech position, although she has plenty of fluid and plenty of time yet to turn herself around. It was so funny to see her doing it and see my belly raised on my right side. The IP's got some great 3D pictures of baby girl. She has the cutest chubby cheeks, a sweet little nose and I loved her little lips. I can't wait to meet my belly buddy in person.


Then on Thursday, June 6th I had an appointment with my mid-wife. Kathleen ran the Glucose screening which came out great and baby girl's heartbeat sounded perfect. They also scheduled me for all of the appointments until delivery. 

This past Sunday, I enjoyed a wonderful lunch with IM. We caught up on everything and discussed our birth plan. I am going to give birth in the tub {water birth} at the birth center so we had to figure out where everyone in the 'team' will be. My team will consist of: my husband, the IP's S & E, a birth photographer (I gifted one to IM for her Mother's Day gift) and of course my mid-wife and her assistant so it will be a full bathroom to say the least. 

I can't believe how fast time is passing, seems like just yesterday this little embryo snuggled in and now she is almost done 'baking'. It feels so empowering to have come this far and to know that in just over 8+ weeks I will give birth to this baby girl and create a family....how amazing and life changing is that?! I can't wait!!!

Here is a picture I took on June 1st at 28 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment