background

Monday, April 22, 2013

"I want to know what it's like to give life to a dream"



My blog title is from this song by Kellie Coffey. One of my surro sisters shared this heart wrenching song with me this week. I posted it on my Facebook along with my feelings after I first heard it below...

It gave me the chills....I LOVE what I can do...what I CAN change....the family I am helping CREATE ♥ I feel so lucky and honored to be a part of something so special and amazing.


I had a really nice weekend filled with some wonderful people. On Saturday, my husband and I dropped the kids off at daycare to attend a luncheon that was put on by the agency I am with. We were joined with the IP's S&E and I got to see a handful of my surro friends that are also with the same agency. I also saw Dr. K who if you remember was my Dr. at the clinic and who performed our successful IVF transfer back in December.  S, E & I took some great pictures together and one of my favorites is the picture above. It just shows how much love this baby girl has and I can't wait to put her into her parent's arms. To top off this fabulous lunch I won a $100 Amex card...woot woot!


On Sunday, I got together with a large group of local surrogates whom I chat with daily in a private Facebook group. I can't imagine not having these women in my life. Ya know it isn't like you have a 'how to' book to read on surrogacy because each journey is different so they have been an invaluable source of information and support as I have gone through my journey. I am almost at a loss for words about how these women have all impacted my life, I feel so lucky to be in the same group as them.

I am in the turquoise blue dress, jean jacket with striped shoes in the front. With me being 5'3 I am often the one getting shuffled in the front for group pictures. I am now 22 weeks pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment